It seems to happen overnight. One minute your kids hang off your every word, the next, they’re grunting teenagers who find their parents and carers an embarrassment. It’s tough coming up with things to do when you have teenagers in tow, but take them to Fantasy Island and you’ll soon be having fun together.
Here are 5 reasons to take your teenagers to Fantasy Island, one of the best days out in Lincolnshire, whatever your age!
• Dodgems – despite the fact they’ve been around for 100 years, every teenager loves a go on the dodgems. There’s nothing like bumping your car into someone else’s to beat grumpiness and of course, it gives them a chance to prove they’re a better driver than you. It’s also the one attraction guaranteed to make you laugh. No L-plates required!
• Ten pin bowling – have you noticed how bowling alleys are always swarming with teenagers? They love nothing better than competing for a strike and at Fantasy Island, they’ll be playing in the first bowling alley outside the US to have Projection-Mapping VIP Lane Technology.
• A looping roller coaster – the adrenalin pumping Millennium Ride has two vertical loops and it swoops down just above the head height of crowds below. It’s a must for all thrill-seeking adolescents. It climbs 150ft, is 2,736ft long and reaches speeds of 56mph (09 km/h). The great thing is, once they are teenagers, you don’t have to go along for the ride and can stand back and watch them scream!
• Food they love to eat – The fussiest of teenage eaters will find something they love with more than 40 food and drink outlets to choose from. There’s delicious Pizza at Papa Johns, tasty subs at Subway and great burgers at the Arcade Bar, Jamaican takeaway at Chicken By Chicken and of course, all the candy, ice-cream and fizzy drinks a teenager could ask for.
• A brilliant arcade – the Fantasy Island Family Entertainment Centre is packed with machines geared for teenagers with some old classics like the Fantasy Falls, Laser Tag and Air Hockey plus favourites such as Dancing Stage and grabbers. Teens can run riot without breaking the bank in the arcade with a pre-paid iCard.
Time out with teenagers won’t be a headache if you head to Fantasy Island, one of the most exciting funfairs in England, but don’t be surprised if they turn round and ask for a repeat visit!