6 treats to delight ‘hangry’ children (and adults)
There are plenty of things to do in Skegness, but you’ll be hard-pressed to find anything which beats a day out at Fantasy Island.
If you want to make the most of your trip to Fantasy Island, you will want to arrive early, and leave late. While you’re all enjoying a long exciting day on the rides, you’ll also need feeding. After all, there’s nothing worse than a gaggle of hangry people arguing about riding the Rhombus Rocket or the Twister.
Whatever you enjoy eating, you’ll find something delicious to eat during your visit to Fantasy Island. Here are six special treats to enjoy at one of the park eateries.
1. Lincolnshire Breakfast – Found at the Explorers Bar and Coffee Shop, this English Breakfast with a local twist will set you up for a long day on the rides. Includes locally sourced bacon, and our butchers own Lincolnshire sausage as well as other classic ingredients such as eggs, hash browns, mushrooms and baked beans.
2. Chicken and Mozzarella Crostini – After a big brekkie, you might only need a quick lunch. Try out the Italian themed Olive Tree and munch on a panini or ciabatta topped with chicken and mozzarella or one of the other topping options on offer.
3. Hot Chocolate – If you’re feeling energy levels dropping in the afternoon, then pop into the Arcade Bar & Cafe for a hot choccie. Especially yummy on a cold day.
4. An elaborate ice cream – If the hot chocolate doesn’t do the trick, then pop into Tiny Tots Village Indoor Playzone. You can get a gigantic ice cream for the kids, and then set them loose to play while you sip a tea, coffee or another refreshing beverage.
5. Mrs M’s Traditional Fish & Chips – Before you know it, dinner-time will arrive. What better way to please the whole family than with fish and chips? Mrs M’s uses local ingredients where possible, and all their potatoes are sourced from Lincolnshire.
6. Jerk Chicken – Finish off your day with a bang. Dig in and have an evening snack sharing some spicy jerk chicken at Jamaica Island.
And if you love to eat out, but can’t bear all the wastage produced by all the packaging, then rest assured that our eateries (The Ranch Bar & Grill, The Olive Tree Restaurant and The Arcade Bar & Café) have been using Vegware since 2020. Vegware makes their disposables from plants, and you can compost them along with food waste.